Sunday, October 1, 2017

Patterns can be Wrong.


Settling down into the favorite corner of my couch, with the television running in mute, laptop on and a browser open with YouTube playing a song, I am desperately thinking about what to write on the prompt “Patterns”.

This has been my life for some time now. Late nights are usually slouched in the couch; with reading or a movie. I tend to stay up till really late even when I’m dead tired. And mornings are a rush to join the run and to make sure not to fall out of the race. There are times, when the question ‘what’s the purpose of life’ starts screaming on my face with big capital letters and a huge question mark.

If asked, whether I am happy at the moment, I would say partially. I love what I am doing. But … yes, there are so many buts to it. I gave up so much of dreams and aspirations and self being for this, which shades down the happiness.

I am scared to take the big foot and step out into the world.

I am scared to hurt the dear ones.

I am scared to follow my heart not at the fear of failure but at the fear of giving the unexpected to the expected minds.

I am scared to break the pattern I have created even when it tires me out.

I am scared but I know I am strong enough to do anything my heart sets in. It just … might take some more nights and cajoling and threatening myself.


One thing I have learned is that, after a while of living, a pattern sets in. But it’s up to you whether you admire the design or redraw the whole thing, adding more colors and lines and erasing some lines here and there, if needed.

Don't ever settle down for the wrong patterns in life. 

What’s the pattern of your life? Have you ever wished to redraw it?


I’m participating in the Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge through October. #WriteBravely 
Today’s Prompt – “Pattern”

Adding this to #MondayMusings too





19 comments :

  1. My life's pattern has been changing often of late, but it is missing reading. The bookworm cries out, but somehow haven't been able to read. Many parts of life haven't fallen in place since a few months now, but I hope it does. Need to find a way to arrest the slide before it becomes part of a bad pattern. Very inspiring and timely, my friend. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you are not alone in this pattern! But yes it's up to us to change and fix it! Let's hope I can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup patterns like habits are hard to break and actually come into existence when we procrastinate or become lazy ot plain simple stop caring!! Its a scary situation to bein as we tend to stagnate then - I hope you are able to kick this pattern into dust soon and make a newer happier pattern for yourself!!
    Pssst: I am guilty of this pattern too in my life; it comes and goes at random times!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life sure is about the pattern you fall in with your day to day routine. I hope you're able to adapt a healthy pattern of life soon and reach out for the best that it has to offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lnow I seem to have fallen in a set pattern of staying in a job that makes me stressful and upset. I'm scared to break it. I'm scared to take the leap and I know how much I need to for my mental and physical wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting into a monotonous pattern is probably the worst thing to have. It would be nice to break that pattern once in a while. We tend to be caught in the vortex of comfort zones when we adhere to patterns. Over time, we dislike it. And yes, it is up to us to change it. Very well written, Sheethal and a great start to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some patterns are okay but you're right when there are those that aren't helpful, we need to make a change. Change can be scary but eventually, it's what makes us grow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also trying to change the pattern of my routine nowadays. I want to add some more me time to do what I love then just tending to the routine 'pattern' , working by the ticking of the clock. I hope you draw a pattern where you find complete happiness & not partial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pattern was rush hours of everyday morning, politics in office, overload of work as it is always they are not doing it so lets give it to someone who does, come back late night, have dinner(sometimes..i used to doze of many a times empty stomach)...That was a life i lead for 4 years which gave me only pain but no happiness or satisfaction. So one day i broke that pattern, now my life is a peaceful morning, splendid time i enjoy doing photoshoots when ever a project comes by, write and reading in spare time. I do not even regret for a second that i broke that boring pattern in my life :-D I wish you well from bottom of my heart and hope that u deviate from the pattern and make ur life even more blissful :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right. No one should get into patterns that they don't like or enjoy. Then life takes the form of routine and not living it to the fullest.
    I hope you are able to do things that you like. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. People like you and me need to constantly redraw these patterns. Only the fresh patterns have it in them to give us the strength to keep moving.
    Hang in there dear. Things are changing as we speak, hopefully for the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One thing I've learnt is that life is never perfect, so I make do with whatever comes my way and I'm happy with it. I've learnt to make my peace with my life pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely well penned. Most of us keep running through this phase of life but all for better at the end. We find a release and someone rescues us. :) Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the past few years my patterns are changing like a kaleidoscope in sunlight and I am just enjoying the view! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Breaking out of patterns that don't help us in life requires a lot of courage and often a fear of failure too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you have echoed what a lot of us feel honestly. But we are too afraid to break the pattern because we are afraid of the unknown beyond it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course, I want to change the pattern and I believe that I am a step ahead from where I was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes all you need is a little faith. Take that step. Do not care what rest of the world will think about you. Do what makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete